With the season soon approaching, we’re featuring some of the articles from our draft kit on the site. This is one of our signature pieces each year, the 40 stats piece. Here are 10 of our favorites, but for more be sure to check out the draft kit!
1. Being such a deep threat hurts this stat, but Torrey Smith still ranked 100 out of 105 eligible receivers in terms of catch percentage, only catching 47.1% of balls thrown to him.
2. Only Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson had more receptions than Jason Witten (110) last season.
3. Ray Rice averaged 1.3 yards per carry more last season as the only back as compared to an I-formation last year. He may not miss Vonta Leach as much as many think.
4. Ray Rice has the most fantasy points among running backs over the last two seasons.
5. Only Heath Miller, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green and Mike Williams had more targets inside the 10 yd line than Darren Sproles last year.
6. Roddy White has accumulated at least 80 receptions, 1,150 yards and six touchdowns in each of the last six seasons.
7. Over the last two seaons, Fred Davis is 2nd among tight ends in yards per target (min. 100 targets). Only Rob Gronkowski has been better.
8. The top 6 receivers in terms of “missed tackles” includes 5 elite names you could probably guess: Percy Harvin, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb, Dez Bryant, and A.J. Green.
9. The 6th player? Golden Tate, who missed 16 tackles despite only having 45 receptions.
10. The only two Running Backs in football in 2012 who were on the field for 75% of their team’s snaps and also had a negative overall Pro Football Focus rating were BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Chris Johnson.
For the other 30 stats, buy our draft kit HERE!